It’s summer and while we all await the showdown between Oppenheimer and Barbie (neither of which were available for advance screenings before we went to print), we have to make do with the popcorn fest that is ‘Saving Public Ryan’.
Usually, everyone wants to attempt to switch off a bit and enjoy a break of some sort. We’re no different at TD and thought what better way to take the stress off proofing copy than commissioning a number of Dublin-based illustrators to work to the brief of ‘Wish You Were Here’, the bits of our city existence which we hold dear along with the shadow which casts a pall over our continued existence here.
We hope you are game for hitching a free ride with us once again. Don’t forget to pack the suncream/waterproofs. – Michael McDermott
- Youth shoot – Photographer Polina Yoong and stylist Sean O’Shaughnessy deliver a fashion shoot rooted around “youth, friendship and freedom of expression.”
- Brand New Retro takes a fresh look at John Hinde postcards.
- Mr Stevens finds Órale @ Pawn Shop “bueno for sure but not quite there yet.”
- Tom Lordan seeks to understand Richard Gorman‘s “commitment to a non-cerebral form of art” (currently on show in the Hugh Lane until August 20).
- Magnified literally unearths the font of new knowledge courtesy of foundry/magazine – Sociotype.
- Bricknasty discuss the loss of community and identity with Elle Kelleher.
- Ste Murray is all aboard with active retirees in his debut photobook – Have Pass, Will Travel.
- Cissy Difford explores the evolution of ‘the menu‘ in Digested Digest.